Cape to Cape Explorer Tours (CCET) specialises in providing memorable experiences on the world-renowned Cape to Cape Track. We pride ourselves on being locally based with highly qualified guides and staff who have a wealth of knowledge and extensive experience interpreting the natural beauty of the Track.
That people can experience the wonders of the Cape to Cape Track in a safe, enjoyable, personal and low impact way, and that our company will contribute to the social fabric of the region and to an enhanced appreciation of the natural environment and each person’s connection to it.
- To provide high quality recreational experiences for walkers on the Cape to Cape Track.
- To attain better-than-best-practice in mitigating our impact on the natural environment.
- To enjoy what we do, that is sharing the beautiful place we call home with others in an informative and inspirational way, while at the same time creating an appreciative working environment for our knowledgeable staff and supporting other local businesses.
WHAT WE DO
We offer set and customised walks on the Cape to Cape Track for individuals, small groups and large groups, including corporate guests and schools. We support fully guided walkers and independent, self-guided walkers. Experiences may be a couple of hours or over a week long.
In conjunction with the Department of Environment and Conservation and the voluntary management group, Friends of the Cape to Cape Track, we assist in maintaining sections of the Cape to Cape Track, have developed emergency access maps and contribute to planning discussions.
We support whenever we can volunteer, youth, community and charity groups, with inkind and discounted guiding and leadership services, equipment loans and/or safety monitoring services: Boab to Break, Water Inc charity walk, Surfrider Foundation, SWCC Indigenous Youth Camp, Friends of the Cape to Cape Track E2E, Carers’ WA Siblings’ Getaway
A range of exciting opportunities exist to join the team at Cape to Cape Explorer Tours, a local award winning company specialising in quality, informative and fun experiences on the Cape to Cape Track. We are establishing a casual staffing pool for the 2016 season.
All positions require your:
- Friendly personality
- Customer service focus
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Initiative and integrity
- Excellent communication skills
The following roles will be filled from the Casual Staff Pool:
Lead single- and multi-day bushwalking tours in specified National Park areas, with an emphasis on low-impact experiences and ‘leave no trace’ practices. CCET strives for excellence in outdoor and environmental education and tour experiences; guiding staff follow themed interpretation plans, are responsible for the safety and wellbeing of clients, and for ensuring that client experiences are enjoyable and positive.
- Experience in tour guiding / group management;
- Experience and passion for environmental interpretation;
- In-depth knowledge of the local environment and community.
- Current Senior First Aid (minimum)
- Drivers’ Licence: F class and LR (or ability to obtain)
- Qualifications in Outdoor Recreation, NOLS or equivalent
- Current Working with Children Check (WA)
- Current National Police Clearance
- Bronze Medallion or equivalent
- SG1 Cave Trip Leadership
- Food Handling certificate
Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of clients and for ensuring that client experiences are enjoyable and positive. You will need the following, or be willing to obtain:
- F class extension
- LR licence
- Senior First Aid
Ground Support Staff
Tasks may include camp site setup, catering and hosting, equipment handling/ packing/ cleaning. The following are desirable:
- organisational and logistical skills and initiative
- time management
- physical fitness
- catering and food service (safe food handling desirable)
Please respond with your CV to: email@example.com