We’ve got great news for hikers signing up for our Bibbulmun Track experience on Western Australia’s epic south coast. Our head guide and resident hiking expert Heather Schofield (pictured below) will be leading the first Bibbulmun Track 6-Day Hiking Adventures in 2021!
Many of our guests will be familiar with “Helpful Heather”. She’s walked almost 1000km while guiding on the Cape to Cape Track in the Margaret River region over our busy spring season. And she’s renowned in these parts for her intimate knowledge of the Track, particularly its floral diversity and fascinating indigenous culture. But Heather has also been hiking sections of the Bibbulmun Track for years and owns property near Walpole.
Fulfilling a Bibbulmun Track dream
“It’s a real dream-to-reality opportunity for me to provide a guided and facilitated tour on the Bibbulman Track,” Heather says. “In particular, showcasing my favourite area of the world-renowned long distance walking trail – the Walpole wilderness and surrounding coast. Having explored the Bibbulmen Track over the previous few years as my own walking holiday (when not guiding the Cape to Cape track at home), I began to explore the opportunities to showcase this diverse, untouched, under explored and amazing landscape with a similar model to our Cape to Cape Track guided walks. That means providing clients with a walking holiday where we look after all the logistics so they can truely relax and take in all the surrounds.”
Wonderful Walpole provides unique base
Heather says there is “something so unique and special about the Walpole area”, where our 6-day Bibbulmun adventure is based out of. “It’s much quieter in general than the larger towns to the south, Denmark and Albany. And a vastly different feel to the somewhat cosmopolitan Margaret River,” she says. “Yet it provides everything you could want. That includes an incredible array of high quality local produce. Award-winning wines. Superb family operated restaurants that are directly influencing the local community and showcasing those fresh locally sourced ingredients. Cafes and bakeries for indulging. Tourism attractions that emit integrity to the environment. A rich and interesting history. And a community that is long standing in holding the commitment to the balance between agriculture production and conservation.
“And then there is the scenery! Large estuaries, rivers, rapids, raw southern ocean, protected bays, cliffs, valleys, rolling green hills, granite peaks, giant endemic and rare tingle trees, karri forest, vast and diverse coastal health. And by walking amongst it all, you get the best opportunity to experience the rich biodiversity of the wildlife that call this area home. It’s clean, fresh, wild and natural. It’s a place that leaves you with an imprinted peaceful feeling.”
Summer and winter 2021 departure dates
Escape the summer heat on the south coast or go in winter for the full atmospheric experiences. We’ve got all seasons covered! 2021 dates for the 6-Day Bibbulmun Track adventure include:
20th – 25th February
6th March – 11th March
1st May – 6th May
29th May – 3rd June
24th July – 29th July
14th August – 19th August
27th November – 2nd December
What’s included on your Bibbulmun Track adventure
Inclusions on this experience are:
– 4 x days fully-guided walking, with full emergency support. Trained guides carry first aid and communications equipment.
– all vehicle transfers between the Track, local attractions and your accommodation each day.
– 5 x nights accommodation in twin-share accommodation.
– Catering with a focus on fresh and healthy food, using local produce and exploring the foodie delights of the region.
– 1 x weekly supply box with a great variety of items for fresh and tasty daily breakfasts. Items depend on availability and seasonality, but include our in-house muesli blend; eggs and breakfast items such as mushrooms, spinach and cherry tomatoes; yoghurt, fresh fruit and wood fired bread; tea and coffee.
– 4 x lunches, including freshly prepared nutritious rolls or wraps, and track snacks including morning tea each day (lunch on arrival and departure days is not included).
– 5 x evening meals, some at local restaurants and others prepared by our in-house catering company.
– Photos taken throughout the week by your guides will be transferred via Dropbox with a link to the trip photos and final slideshow distributed to you after your walk.
– Bibbulmun Track completion certificate.
– All planning, logistical, administrative and on-ground support, including intimate knowledge of weather patterns and Track conditions.